Saturday, August 17, 2019

Worry


Worry is a terrible waste of time. According to Confucius, “If you look into your own heart and find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?”

Worry is something I do all the time. I suppose it is a life lesson I still need to conquer. It is true that most times what I have worried about never happens. Apparently I am a slow learner.

At the moment I am worried about my blood pressure. My medication was recently increased and it doesn’t seem to me to be improving the situation. I am not expecting miracles, just a decrease in the numbers. I suppose patience would be helpful too- maybe. Another life lesson I have a problem with.

I don’t know if I have a good approach to dealing with worry, except to focus on the positive instead of the negative. The other thing is, don’t drag yesterday’s worries into the present. I know that’s usually easier said than done, but it isn’t impossible. Actually, I believe I have come to the conclusion that worry shows a lack of faith. It is also a sign of a control freak. I thought I had gone beyond that! I keep thinking of the phrase, "let go let God".

I think I will take my own advice and focus on the numbers coming down and staying there and stop worrying!

No comments:

Post a Comment