Wednesday, March 13, 2019

What's with the weatherman?

I am beginning to think the Universe is trying to save me money. Every time my repair crew plans to finish the roof/ceiling work it either rains or snows. Seriously, I am getting tired of my bathroom ceiling being propped up so it won't collapse and finding water all over the floor. Enough already!

This morning as I looked out my window I saw flakes of snow falling from the sky. Not again!! I contacted my repairman and was informed he can't attend to the problem until everything is completely dry. I wonder what month that will be?

In the meantime I decided to go exercise before it snowed harder. Of course, there was nobody else at the family center. I had the machines all to myself once again. The thought, "You are only responsible for yourself", popped into my mind. I have a friend who was supposed to be joining me, but she was a no show again. As I looked up at a wall in the room I noticed a sign which read, "Live on the bright side of everything".

My bright side this morning was to honor the promise I had made to myself to exercise, no matter what the Universe has in store for me.

A couple hours after returning home I looked out my office window and it was a bright sunny day, with a very clear view of the mesa that I call my little mountain. Above it I saw an array of puffy white clouds. There was no trace of snow anywhere on the ground.

Strange isn't it, how a little bit of time can change our view?

No comments:

Post a Comment