Sunday, March 10, 2019

It's a small world after all

After I graduated from high school I made several trips to Victoria, Canada. The first time, I flew in a small plain from Seattle. The next time I took a boat trip on the Princess line. Although I didn't have a lot of money, I enjoyed the short vacations. On one of the trips I stayed in the ornate Empress hotel and took a ride on the tallyho, which is a horse drawn carriage. Viewing the beautiful gardens all around, it was like a little taste of what I thought England might be like. At one time I even corresponded with a young man whom I had met on one of my trips. For a time I even gave some thought to duo citizenship, but it was not meant to be.

About a year ago I did DNA testing trough Ancestry.com and discovered that more than one generation of my father's relatives were born in Nova Scotia, Canada. This was news to me. It did turn out to be interesting because I was recently accepted as a writer for the online magazine, Wheel of Life, which is published in Nova Scotia. My first article submission will appear in their spring addition, due to be available on March 21,2019.

Canada seems to be popping up more and more in my life recently, but I am not sure what that means. I have become addicted to the Hallmark TV series, When Calls the Heart, filmed in Canada and interestingly, I just acquired a new Facebook friend, who lives in, you guessed it- Canada!

It is a small world after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment