Monday, March 11, 2019

The best laid plans etc.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry." That pretty much defines my day so far.

At 9:00 this morning I had expected a crew to knock on my door and begin tearing down my master bathroom ceiling in preparation for installing new sheet rock. I was ready, but the weatherman was not!

I had a message from my repairman that because it was raining they would have to wait until Wednesday to begin the job. The rain coming down would damage the sheet rock. That sounded a little strange because it is not raining inside my house. The problem was getting it to my house. Well I suppose there is more than one way of looking at the situation!

I had already removed everything from the bathroom to get ready for the project. My reaction was, crap! I began to put back the essentials I had removed. I also decided that as long as I was dressed I might as well go to town and exercise at the family center. A little rain was not going to hurt me or my car, which needed washing anyway.

Now I have to decide what to do with the rest of my day since the best laid plans for today went awry.

No comments:

Post a Comment