Wednesday, March 20, 2019

At last!

I'm sure you are all getting tired of hearing about my bathroom ceiling. You aren't alone. So am I!!

For the last couple of weeks my repair person has been thinking the leak problem was coming from the roof and kept adding sealant to fix what he thought was the problem. I had a different view as the ceiling kept leaking no matter what was done to the new roof. I finally told him I thought water was being trapped between the roof and the ceiling.

This morning his crew began tearing down the old ceiling and guess what? Water was being trapped between the roof and the ceiling and was being held in by a sheet of plastic. They poked a hole in the plastic and out came the water into a bucket that I produced.

How did I know that was the problem? I have no idea. I am not a contractor nor did I know about the plastic sheet holding the water in place. They said it had probably been like that for years. Wow!

Of course, the insulation needed to be replaced. For some forgotten reason I happened to have a roll of insulation in the shed. That was a weird coincidence!

Now that the water has dried the new ceiling can be installed. At last!

No comments:

Post a Comment