Friday, August 31, 2018

On this day

On this day in 1979 I woke up early and was whisked away to Albuquerque, NM by my then husband. Our destination was Presbyterian hospital and the maternity floor. Several hours later I gave birth to my only daughter, Christina Marie.Christina was for a very young Swedish queen and Marie was for her paternal grandmother and maternal great grandmother.

She was named before she arrived because I had undergone an amniocentesis early in my pregnancy, due to my age, and knew her gender. The cells did not grow the first time and the test had to be done again. It was at least four months before I knew for sure that I was carrying a healthy girl.

She was born on a Friday, but because we lived almost 100 miles away I had to stay in the hospital an extra day. My poor doctor was exhausted with all the births he made possible that weekend. I still have a clear picture of him sitting in a chair in my room waiting to talk to me.

So, Christina,  I wish you a happy 39th birthday on this day, August 31, 2018.  

No comments:

Post a Comment