Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Going back

For awhile things have started going back. I know that sounds odd but that has been my experience. Perhaps it has to do with mercury being in retrograde I'm not sure. Things just keep popping up that remind me of the past.

Today someone posted something on Facebook that reminded me of my own school days, a very lonely time in my past life. I didn't have a lot of friends and although my family never went hungry, we were apparently what would be considered poor today. I knew better than to ask for name brand anything. I always felt less than and it took many adult years to get over that feeling.

Yesterday I saw a Marlboro cigarette package in my driveway and it reminded me of all the years I smoked that brand. 2019 will mark 20 years since I stopped smoking.

The other night I had a dream featuring a man I didn't recognize that claimed we were married in a previous life. It reminded me of the numerous spiritual concepts I now accept.

I keep running into elementary teachers that taught my child and grandchild. In a small town I suppose that isn't unusual but it reminded me of all the years I spent as a room mother. Something I posted the other day reminded me of an elementary principle I knew, who is now deceased. He suggested that I go back to school and get a degree in education but I didn't.

A couple of days ago a butterfly attached itself to my screen door. It reminded me that years ago someone introduced me to, The Dream Book, by Betty Bethards.It explains symbols and I have never been sorry I bought the book. I looked up butterfly and among other things butterfly means:emerging triumphant in new awareness.

I recently began making a crochet pillow that has two sides of different colors. Mine will be white on one side and yellow on the other. When I realized it reminded me of a shawl I had crocheted for my ailing grandmother shortly before she died, yellow with white fringe, it made me laugh.

The number 22 has for many years seemed important but I never knew why. On July 22 my youngest grandson and I had a falling out. It may or may not straighten itself out eventually. Perhaps it was a wake up call to remind me that it was time to let him go to live his own life. Or to put #22 another way: 2+2=4 and the spiritual meaning of 4 is: Balance of energies with a partner; growing in perfect balance. It is quite possible it had nothing to do with my grandson.

Perhaps these little "going back" reminders are just that. Maybe the universe is telling me it's time to move on and put the past where it belongs- in the past.




No comments:

Post a Comment