Sunday, August 26, 2018

A knock on my door

Friday a man I didn't know knocked on my door and asked if I needed someone to cut down the dead Navajo Willow tree in my front yard. The tree had been planted in 1980 and suddenly died last year. We both agreed that it was now ugly. After being told how much he wanted I told him the job was his.

He had it chopped up and ready to sell in a very short time.
Then I told him I had a large pile of branches and tree parts in the back yard. As the result of having a new leach line dug I lost a tree.There has been a no burn restriction all summer so the pile just sat there. The man said he had a big trailer and could take it to the dump. I again said the job was his.
Then he noticed a pile of dirt also left behind by the leach line diggers. It wasn't good for anything but fill dirt. I asked if he knew anyone who needed it and he said, "I do!" I said the dirt is yours.
Now I will have a much cleaner yard because I answered the knock on my door. I am just hoping for another knock on my door by someone who wants to buy the wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment