Monday, August 13, 2018

Getting a tattoo

Sometimes something comes through on my Facebook newsfeed that just cracks me up. This morning I couldn't help laughing at the following: If you're having a bad day remember, there are people out there who have their ex's name tattooed on them.

I really don't understand why anyone would want a tattoo in the first place, but everyone is entitled to follow their own path.

I have a family member who at 18 decided to get a giant butterfly tattooed on her back. The person she allowed to practice on her was just learning. It wasn't long before the image started pealing and began to look like a gross mess. I haven't seen it for years so I don't know what it looks like today. I often wonder if she regrets her decision.

Another young man in my family announced that he is getting a tattoo, where I have no idea. He said it is going to be an image, a quote and the name of his grandfather, who was an alcoholic who pretty much drank himself to death. I can't help wondering why he would choose this person to be his hero and just how long it will take him to realize what he has done.

The only tattoos I have are three tiny dots marking former radiation treatments. I certainly hope I won't have to relive that experience again, even though I had the best oncologist around and if it were not for him I would not be here to write this blog post.




No comments:

Post a Comment