Saturday, August 11, 2018

An avalanche of birthdays

The next few weeks are going to be crammed with family birthdays. I just bought a bunch of birthday cards for the occasions. The first one is my oldest great granddaughter on August 20th she will be 6, her mother and her twin sister will be 32 on August 29th, next my daughter on August 31 will be 39. Then comes my only great grandson on September 2 who will be 8, followed by my youngest grandson on Sept 8 who will be 17. Celebrating her 1st birthday on September 13 is my youngest great granddaughter.

There is one other important date during these weeks and that is August 30th. On that date eight years ago my only daughter sent me a rather nasty email basically telling me I no longer existed . Nothing I have done in all those years has changed her decision to eliminate me from her life. This year I am giving her another small handmade gift and I have decided that if she does not bring herself to acknowledge me or my effort this time I am through trying.

Whatever will be will be and it is not up to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment