Thursday, August 23, 2018

Paying it forward

In 2011 I had an unexpected two week stay in our local hospital. Needless to say I got to know the nurses. One in particular was very kind and tried her best to help me deal with the fact that my daughter, who is also a neighbor, didn't care to stop by the hospital in all that time to see how I was doing.

Since that time the nurse and her family moved to another state and we became Facebook friends. She and her family are now dealing with a situation of their own that is not fair. Apparently when you live a human life you can expect to be thrown shit in your face from time to time. Anyway, the nurse and I have become good friends and I told her I would see what I could do to interest my followers to pray for her situation. The following is what I put on Facebook last night.

UPDATE: Some of you may remember the little two year old boy that I asked you to pray for several months ago. His situation is still dragging on and he and his family, especially his mother, need your prayers and positive thoughts more then ever.

This is the deal: He was happily living with his parents and grandparents when his father took him, without permission, to another state. He refused to allow any communication between his son and his maternal family for several weeks. For the last few months the child has been transferred between parents, a month at a time. The court date to officially end this trauma is September 28th. I have been told that his mother desperately needs your prayers as she is literally falling apart.

I know from experience that I have a great group of caring friends and I am also aware of the power of prayer. Please do what you can to help. I thank you all in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment