Thursday, January 19, 2017

Respect vs. disrespect

Talking to a person that I have a great deal of respect for, I said that I didn't understand what the protest marches were proving. In my opinion they are a waste of time and money. The response from the other person was, "the marches are sending a very loud NO!" After digesting that I can see his point. The marches, assuming nobody gets injured or killed, are simply a way of expressing an opinion of an event that could possibly interfere with our country's well being..

I'm not involved in politics, but like a very large portion of Americans I am greatly concerned about our future leader. He has got to be the most disrespectful being I have ever come across. If I were one of his children I would be totally embarrassed. I feel very sorry for his youngest son, who is not old enough to stand up for himself and express his thoughts. Parents are supposed to be positive role models for their children. In this family all I see is a generation of brainwashed souls.

The question I am dealing with this morning is- when you intentionally call a person every dirty name in the book ( not sure what that book would be) in retaliation for what he spreads around is that respect or are you  just adding to the general disrespect in you own way?

As I have written in the past, I cannot respect this man. On the other hand I am not willing at this point to disrespect him. My only tool is to express my opinion through my blog which is exactly what I am doing this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment