Friday, February 6, 2015

Waiting around what a waste

This morning I decided that I have been spending too much time on my computer and especially on Facebook, waiting around for people to notice that I am waiting for them to get back to me. One of the things that I really detest is people who don't do what they say they are going to do, and waiting around for them to get around to me is a complete waste of my time. I have decided to back away from this social media. Just clicking a little "like" box is not the same as a conversation.

A friend of mine recently did exactly the same thing. She has a lot to offer, but felt that the little response she was getting was not worth her time. Although I respected her decision I didn't fully understand it- until today.

I fully realize that the world contains takers and givers, but once in a while it would be nice if the takers would at least acknowledge the givers.

When people promise to make the time for me and don't I pretty much feel like an invisible person. I am sure there are many out there who can relate. I have decided the best thing to do is stop waiting around because it is a total waste of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment