Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nothing lasts forever

While getting dinner ready last night I witnessed the sudden destruction of one of my most precious bowls. It had been a gift from my daughter, made by a local artist and was one of a kind. It all happened so fast I am not sure who to blame. It could by my dog, my cat or my son assisted by the wind. I am providing a photo of the crime scene with a stand in bowl. The original star of the story is now resting in the trash can.
Position of the actors: the cat was on the table next to the treasured bowl, the dog was on the floor under the table, my son was approaching the patio door on his way in the house from work. (I was in the adjoining kitchen minding my own business)

When all of a sudden the dog lunged at the door in an effort to say hello, scaring the cat and my son, the cat skidded into the bowl, knocking most of it off the table and smashing it into pieces on the carpet in front of the door. The cat took off down the hall, my son backed away from the door with a startled look on his face, I screamed and the dog- well Ejay just sat there wagging his tail as if nothing had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment