Thursday, February 19, 2015

A pot of nourisment

My son is having dental surgery today and being a caring mom I checked my recipes to see what I could fix for dinner that did not require chewing, yet was filling and nourishing. I remembered a recipe for creamy Sweet Potato Soup that we had both liked. You all know how much I like to share things so here it is.

Ingredients: 3 T oil, 2 small chopped celery sticks, 3 medium peeled & cubed sweet potatoes, one clove chopped garlic, 3 cups vegetable broth, 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 1/2 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. thyme, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and cubed apples for garnish opt.

In a dutch oven, saute the celery & onion in oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients (except apples) and bring to boil over medium heat.

Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until potatoes are tender.

Discard bay leaf & cinnamon stick. cool slightly, then process the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to pan and heat through. Enjoy!

I am serving it with applesauce. Chewing still not required!

No comments:

Post a Comment