Saturday, February 28, 2015

Death - a human word

WE NEVER DIE.

I have lost track of how many times I have tried to get that message across to others. Sometimes I wonder if I am trying to convince myself or my readers, although I totally accept the fact that we are simply transmuted to another form. Death is a human word, meaningless in other realms.

In the past it has annoyed me when people use the expression he/she has passed on, but it is truer than he/she died. I now have difficulty using the latter expression. Lately so many celebrities that I grew up knowing have moved on that it makes me very aware of my situation. Leonard Nimoy for instance, was only a few years older than I am. It causes me think about my own journey into the next realm.

I have learned enough about spiritual matters to not really be afraid of the trip, but I am not ready to go. I remember a priest from years ago who gave a sermon on this very fact. Father John made a point of telling the congregation that they should always be ready. At the time I was thirty something and definitely wasn't. At more than twice that age I am not sure that I am now.

The journey forward is no different than the journey we made coming in. We are not the first nor the last to make the trip. Some are smooth, some are not. That's just the way it is for reasons we, as humans, have trouble understanding.

My experiences in recent years have made it abundantly clear to me that even though we leave our bodies behind, just like the butterfly emerging from it's womb, we become something more beautiful.

Our journey goes on and on and WE NEVER DIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment