Saturday, February 14, 2015

Just one of those days

Today is one of those days that should happen every day. Valentine's day is supposed to be about love and caring about others. I wonder what would happen if more people were kind and thoughtful on all 365 days in the year.

As I have grown older most of my biological family has moved away and are now focused on matters that don't include me. It used to bother me, but now I see that I must have done something right. It is the positive/natural progression of things. As long as they are happy, healthy and not in prison or dependent on drugs that's great. The world is a different place than it was 70 years ago.

It took me a long time to learn that family is more than biology. Although my biological family has moved on my soul family has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. The gestures of love and kindness that they offer every day is amazing.

Sometimes we really can't see the forest for the trees. On this day, which has been made so commercial, it is more meaningful to me to receive a simple smile or hello aimed in my direction than a basket full of flowers.

On second thought I might accept a basket full of chocolate!

Happy Valentine's Day to my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment