Thursday, December 19, 2013

Are you happy?

Happy is an interesting word that means something different to all who use it to express how they are feeling. As I woke this morning I was thinking about friends of mine who have lived through horrendous struggles, but are able to laugh it off and be happy. I have the most respect for those people. For some life seems to be one lark after another. I wonder, did they just pick the happy card this time? Are they really better off than those who were dealt a tougher life? The universe seems to provide an answer to questions when I sincerely ask. While pondering the subject of happy a passage in a Kindle book I am reading, "Black Butterflies" by Sara Alexi, caught my attention. I love it when that happens! The passage was, "If we were happy all the time we would miss our lives." What a powerful message. Sometimes happy happens when we step back and observe an entire experience from a different vantage point.

No comments:

Post a Comment