Thursday, January 26, 2012

Don't follow too close

We sometimes get so caught up in what others are selling that we forget to step back and look at things from another angle. Since my spiritual awakening began I have checked out the teachings of many who proclaim to be enlightened. I have stayed for awhile, picked up the information that I needed and moved on to something else. I have learned through trial and error not to follow too close to anyone or any thing.

Other people, even when they have a title following their name are simply teachers put on my path to help me on my earth journey. I have often been told that I have very strong intuition. As the years have passed I have noticed that the more I follow that universal gift the better off I am and the stronger it becomes. I believe it is a built in guidance system directly connected to our Source of eternal existence. Everyone has it, but not everyone pays attention.

When I look back at the amount of information I have gathered through groups, organizations, books, videos, websites and other people in the last few years I really have to laugh. How much information is enough anyway?

One of the most humorous is my temporary attraction to Abraham/Hicks. An entity known as Abraham, who promotes the law of attraction, is supposed to be channeled through the human mind of Esther Hicks. I admit I was taken in for awhile because it was different. Part of my attraction to the videos that I watched was the fact that I found Abraham just plain funny. His/her responses to the absurd problems that were presented gave me plenty of moments of free entertainment. Esther’s husband recently died of cancer and she is now saying she is channeling his spirit. Alright lady the game is over, I am done and you went way too far for me!

Abraham and in fact all laws of attraction are based on one simple fact and that is, our thoughts create our reality. Think more positive thoughts and you’ll get more good stuff happening to you. For instance, eat more good food and you’ll be rewarded with a healthier life. It doesn’t take someone to write book after book or produce a ton of videos to get that point across.

I have come to the conclusion that from now on I need to be really careful who and what I am following and for how long. If my intuition is telling me it’s time to get out I’m going to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment