Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Space

Space is such an important item in the challenge we are now facing. We are being asked to stay home and keep our distance from other humans, so the virus is not spread. I'm doing that. I am also looking around at my neighborhood. I live about three miles from the nearest town, which is Grants,NM. All the property in my area is divided into 1/2 acre plots, so none of the houses are very close together. There have been many times in the last few years and since my divorce in 1999 that I thought about moving into town. I even picked out houses I wouldn't mind living in. Today I am wondering if the Universe was looking out for me. I am still here and enjoy looking out from my office window at what I call my personal mountain.


I am also noticing that New Mexico has few cases of the virus and there are so far none in my county. My son said it was probably because it is sparsely populated. He is right about that. Grants is situated halfway between Albuquerque and Gallup. There are miles and mile of empty space on the trip either East or West. We are also protected by mountain ranges. I have often thought it is almost like living in Shangrila. (probably not spelled right!)

This morning I am grateful that my path has brought me to this special place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment