Sunday, March 22, 2020

Opportunities

Although staying home and away from the virus is not exactly my idea of fun it has presented some opportunities I would not have otherwise had.

It has allowed me to be creative in my cooking, which I love to do. My son likes to stick to recipes. I prefer to experiment with what I have on hand.

I have seen and shared some really beautiful photos from far away places that I will never see in person. Facebook is a wonderful tool that I am grateful to have. It allows me to keep in touch with friends all over the world.

This morning I viewed a lighthearted church service from my friend, Bob Luckin and his wife, all the way from Florida. There were some problems with the broadcast and the picture was sideways. It just made me laugh as I occasionally tilted my head to see them right side up. 

I have also been watching some interesting Netflix movies and reading Kindle books- free. I watched a wonderful movie yesterday based on a true story titled, "Freedom Writers". It was about a young teacher who used unusual methods to teach children, thought to be unteachable by others, because she believed in her students. I wish I had experienced a teacher like that. 

So anyway, although staying home is not exactly fun it does present opportunities to grow that I would never have otherwise had.

No comments:

Post a Comment