Saturday, March 14, 2020

A reminder

I just finished reading the Kindle book,  Seven Days by Alex Lake. It is the story of a 15 year old girl who was abducted and imprisoned in a basement for twelve years. It reminded me of an experience I had when I was in high school. I was walking home from school when a man stopped his car and asked if I wanted a ride. I don't know what made me do it, but I said yes.

He drove past where I was living and I got a little nervous. He started driving through a residential area not too far from my house and I got more nervous. I knew something was wrong but I didn't know what I was going to do. He stopped the car and left to investigate something in a yard. I immediately opened the passenger door and quickly started walking home. I planned if he stopped me I would run up to the first house I came to and pound on the door.

That didn't happen and for some reason I was free to walk home.

Today I am thinking , WOW! Someone was looking out for me!! This book reminded me of that experience as if it happened yesterday. I enjoyed the book and am happy to recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment