Friday, March 20, 2020

Day eight

Our local Smiths store started allowing seniors to shop from 7:00 to 8:00 am so I got up early and took advantage of their generosity. I was mainly interested in bread and vegetables. We had plenty of meat. I had found a recipe yesterday for bread that didn't require eggs so I bought extra flour. It was a nice thought but the store was out of yeast. Oh well, maybe I'll make cookies instead!

Although there was a line to get into the store when it opened everyone seemed to accept the fact that they were not letting too many in the store at one time.  I was impressed that nobody was hoarding. People were just buying what they needed and quickly left the store.

I am beginning to think that my generation, even though they are the most vulnerable to the virus, are the most likely to be kind and follow the rules to keep things running as smoothly as possible. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment