Saturday, November 9, 2019

Spur of the moment

I noticed that the Grants High School band director was offering a Veterans Day performance and also was asking for pictures of veterans. I asked my son, who is a 35 year veteran of the US Army, if he had a better picture than the one I had on file. He did and I sent it on. I also asked if he wanted to attend the performance. He said he did.

 Sergeant Major Jeffrey A. Gunn, US Army, retired. The photographs of the veterans were displayed on the wall behind the band as they played a variety of military based music.

Neither of us had ever been in the Performing Arts Auditorium. It was built after my three children graduated from Grants High School. It is a beautiful building and seats 600. The performance was wonderful and we were glad that we attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment