Tuesday, November 19, 2019

A new question

Do wonders ever cease?

For the last couple of days I have been having pain in my lower back that is also causing problems in my leg and even sometimes my knee. I finally made an appointment with my chiropractor for this morning. I am used to stiffness in the left side of my neck. It is just something I have learned to deal with, but this was different.

I made a comment to my chiropractor, who I have been going to for several years, that I didn't really worry about my neck problems anymore. She asked me if I had ever been involved in an accident. A light flashed in my memory as I remembered that we were once rear ended, about forty years ago. My daughter was in her car seat and I was in the passenger seat sitting next to her. I knew what was going to happen so I turned sideways to put my arms in front of her, protecting her from going forward. It is the reason I first began seeing a chiropractor. I had injured my left neck. My current doctor said that probably caused a life long injury, which caused regeneration in my neck as I got older.

Then I began wondering about the spinal stenosis I have been diagnosed with. Most likely a contributing factor is seven years standing on the cement floors at Walmart for six hours straight, doing food demos. 

After all this time thanks for giving me a heads up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment