Friday, November 8, 2019

Gratitude

November does seem to be a month when our thoughts go to what we are grateful for. It is easy to be grateful for those souls who agree with us, but what about those who do not? In looking back at my life I now have a different opinion of those souls.

There have been several people in my life who have taught me by their example what I do not want. They have acted much like a mirror. It is very possible that I am most grateful for them. I also feel sorry for them because they are still stuck exactly where I left them. It is interesting how we can get ourselves caught in a web of negative energy. Sometimes it takes years to break free of the tangle.

We go along walking on a path, following someone who we believe has all the answers. Then one day we wake up and realize that we are not on this planet, called earth, to follow anyone else.




2 comments: