Monday, November 18, 2019

Goodbye mercury

Mercury retrograde only has a couple more days to screw up our communication. I must say it has not caused me much of a problem. In fact things seem to be taking a turn for the better. Although I am not looking forward to the upcoming holidays.They have become a lonely time for me since my family has dwindled down to almost nothing.

Thanksgiving is shared with my oldest son, who usually cooks the turkey, while I cook everything else. It gives us a lot of leftovers since it is just the two of us. This year I am planning to invite a couple of friends who are alone. Waiting to see how that turns out.

Christmas is another matter. For me it is the saddest day of the year. I miss having family to cook for. Most of my family now lives in other states and the ones who are here, with the exception of my oldest son, don't care to include me in their plans. As someone said to me this morning- that's their problem. And it is!

I try to the best of my ability to do for others. I just finished crocheting another dozen baby caps and a blanket for the first baby of 2000, born at Cibola General Hospital. I always make fudge and share it with friends, especially with the husband of a deceased friend.

This year I had fun ordering outfits for my youngest great granddaughter, who was two in September. I have never meet her, but I enjoy seeing pictures of her on Facebook. She looks like a handful!

Even though the holidays are not my favorite time of the year, I try to make the best of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment