Saturday, June 25, 2016

Things don't always turn out as planned

Last night was the first of the free concerts for summer 2016 to be performed at the Riverwalk. I was anxious to go because an Albuquerque band was supposed to be offering rock and blues from the 50s, 60s and 70s. My grandson, who loves music, and my oldest son decided to go with me.

We weren't sure if it was going to happen because about dinner time it decided to rain. Turned out it was just a teaser.

The music was a little flaky. Apparently it was New Mexico's version of rock. In the first hour I only recognized  a couple of songs.We all decided to leave when the band took a break. I was really disappointed in the performance. It was nice to see the recent results of some community kids, who had worked to improve the appearance of the stage area, by painting and planting native foliage.
.
Instead of heading home I suggested ice cream. We checked out Dairy Queen where we all happily munched on our individual choices of desert.

It wasn't how I had planned the evening, but I guess it only mattered that we spent time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment