Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Running away

If I could afford it I would run away from home and leave this old house for someone else to deal with. We are told that we are not given more than we can handle. Well looking around I don't believe that. I have reached the end of my rope.

 I  believe that I have angels looking out for me. Perhaps they all took a vacation at the same time.

After spending close to $1,000 in the last few weeks on plumbing repairs my son announced "I think we have another water leak". He was right as he stood in the middle of the floor with a dumb look on his face. I asked if he had taken his shower and he answered no. I replied, "well go take a quick one so I can turn off the water!". Geez did he think the leak was just going to stop on its own? My next move was to put in a call to my plumber. Here we go again...

I have tried to keep this old house in repair since my divorce 17 years ago, but I am getting sick of this crap. Between property tax, house insurance and repair bills I just want to run away. I think my ex got the best of the deal when he moved into an apartment. Since he is part Native American he also gets pretty much all of his medical bills paid, with the added help of Medicare. Every time I hear "poor Don" I want to throw something!

I recall when I started getting Social Security; my benefit was $600 per month plus a small amount I made working part time as a product demonstrator at Walmart. That was my income and I somehow managed. Poor Don was working full time and getting Social Security on top of it + his free medical. What did he do with his money you might ask? He drank it up, just like he did during the 27 years that we were married. 

Okay God/Universe don't you think I have had enough? I do and if I had the money I would run away and start over!

No comments:

Post a Comment