Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Oh joy!

I should have married a plumber!

In the 17 years since my divorce I have lost track of the number of times I have had to call one of them. This morning was no exception. My son informed me we had no hot water and he had to take a very cold shower. Seriously?! We had hot water when I washed the dishes last night.

Since his announcement came at a little after 7:00 A.M. it was too early to call anyone and I was a little stumped  about just who to call. In the meantime my son checked things out with his basic plumber knowledge and discovered the pilot light was out. He tried to light it with no success so he turned off the gas to the heater, just to be safe.

Next I called an appliance repair person that I know to ask who should I call about the problem. He said a plumber. I then left a message with my trusted plumber with the hope he could stop by and access the problem. He said he is swamped today, but said he would try to find time this afternoon. So now I can only hope it is an ignition problem and I do not need a new water heater. They aren't cheap!

 Killing time I shuffled my angel oracle cards to see what angelic message was in store for me today. The answer was JOY. Are you kidding? JOY! Part of the message was "a joyful outlook brings the freedom you desire". Sure! So I just focus on this being a tiny little problem like a faulty switch or something and I won't have to spend several hundred dollars on a new water heater. I'll let you know tomorrow how that goes and in the meantime I'll try that approach .

Figuring I had done all I could do until my dependable plumber gets here I checked in to Facebook where a post caught my eye. It was, "You are free to think thoughts of worry or joy and whatever you choose will attract the same kind back to you. Worry attracts worry joy attracts joy."

I'm trying I'm trying!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love it when the Universe tells us what it wants to say in more ways than one? (The words that keep showing up for me lately are "let it go" and they show up everywhere!) Silly Universe anyway...

    I hope your water heater only needs a new little something like unplugging the tube or fixing a faulty thermocouple that will keep it heating water for you for a long time to come. Rock on, my friend! Joy to you!

    ReplyDelete