Wednesday, January 28, 2015

One little word

For a long time the title on my blog has read freelance writer. Yesterday after meditating I changed it to read motivational writer. Today it seems absolutely right because that is what I am. I suppose I could have used motivational author, but a writer is a writer whether published or not.

Several years ago a man asked me if I knew what my purpose was. Without hesitation I replied, “To motivate people to be the best that they can be”. His reply in part was, “You don’t know how happy it makes me to hear that”. I didn’t ask why and the conversation abruptly ended.

A suggestion from a female friend even before that was, “Find what makes you happy and that is your passion/purpose”.

Always interested in definitions I looked up the words freelance and motivational. The first is “one who pursues a profession (as writing) without a long term commitment to any one employer”. Close, but not quite right as I have a guide, but no employer. Motivate means to provide with a motive. Exactly!

I know what I am doing and why, even though it sometimes upsets others who simply do not understand my method.

Until I come up with a more fitting title for my blog it will remain Motivational Writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment