Saturday, January 3, 2015

Just a little piece of paper

Several years ago someone told me how to keep negative energy from others from touching me. It is a very simple little procedure. It goes like this: on the top of a piece of paper write a simple statement about the offensive situation. For instance; "I want Monique to stop bothering me at work." Next draw an arrow from the statement to the bottom of the paper. Do not throw it away, but rather fold it up and tuck it away in a drawer and forget about it. Sounds simple doesn't it? Well it is.

I have done this when I felt threatened by someone and didn't know how else to cope with the situation. Every now and then I run across one of those little hidden pieces of paper. Almost always I have completely forgotten about it's existence and it causes me to laugh when I read what I had written. This happened today as I was cleaning out a drawer, and yes it was funny.

Now I really have no idea if the fact that I carried out this odd little routine worked or if what I was so concerned about was never going to happen in the first place. I suspect the latter, but I have no proof.

I think from now on I will put my little pieces of paper to better use and bravely deal with whatever the universe has in store for me. After all our life lessons come in all shapes and sizes and are meant to help us grow!

The title of this post just reminded me of a poem I wrote a long time ago so I am sharing since I have the space to do so.

Just a little piece of paper

with lovingly chosen words.

If you could see beneath the pen

You'd find my love will never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment