Friday, January 16, 2015

Canned or real?

I have a friend who recently started a photography business with his wife. He posts some of his photos on Facebook, mostly taken of people. This morning I was wondering why they bother me so much. First of all he is using the social network at the expense of his friends to publicize his work. I for one do not appreciate that. After further contemplation I also realized the majority of his photos are what I call canned or posed.

I have many Facebook friends who share natural photos they have taken, which I really do appreciate viewing. Many are of clouds, sunsets, sunrises and events. There are some of course, that are of people; especially their children and grandchildren and there pets. The photos are real and not set up in a studio. They allow me to take a peek into their lives and build up a true relationship with people who I may never meet in person.

Since 2009 I have also shared many photos on facebook as well as on this blog, giving readers an opportunity to get to know me and what is important in my life.

It takes all kinds I guess, but I would rather have real than canned!

Meet Smokey who is now nine years old. He got a lot of attention when I first posted his photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment