Friday, December 12, 2014

Lights-camera-action...

I have been thinking about a wonderful quote by writer, Denis Waitley, that I recently read. It was,"Happy people plan actions, they don't plan results." The more I thought about it the more I liked it.

The best way to make yourself unhappy is to expect canned results to your actions. Most times it just is not going to happen the way you want it to and there isn't a thing you can do about it!

Just when you think you've planned the perfect action to get someone's attention is when the universe steps in to prove you wrong. Don't tell anyone, but you aren't entirely in charge.

I have decided it doesn't matter at all. The only thing that matters is that your intentions toward the object of your action is positive. When you follow your heart and your intuition you can't help but end up happy yourself. At this time of year there are a lot of opportunities to do just that. Sometimes all it takes is a simple card, a Christmas cookie, a piece of fudge or even a smile to make a difference in a person's life.

I had an interesting experience the other day as I was entering a building to pay my property tax. A man was coming out as I was going in and for some reason he reminded me of another man whom I had previously had a "strenuous" relationship with. As I rounded a corner in the building that very man was standing in the hall talking to a lady. When you're tuned in stuff happens, but I had to laugh as I continued on down the hall to take care of what I was there for.

As I walked by the man and lady to leave he smiled at me and said, "Hi, how are you doing?" Although we had already reached a peaceful place in our relationship his acknowledgement made me feel good. He introduced the lady, who was his sister, and we all had a friendly chat.

I could have snubbed him and walked on by, but I chose to respond to his action and the result was a positive experience for both of us.

My point is, just because you don't always get the result you expected don't stop offering positive energy. You never know what could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment