Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I did it!

Over the course of two days I finished a task that should have taken 4 hours. I feel like I took the mail carrier oath; "neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds".

What did I do you might ask? In an effort to lower my car insurance I took the online safe driver course offered by AARP. It took me at least a couple of hours longer than it should have due to the age of my PC. Every time I tried to click next to move it along the freaking document just sat there and stared at me. I even called the support number, which only made me feel like an idiot. My son kept telling me it was my computer and not the program and suggested I use his to finish the course. I finally clicked exit to take a break for the night. I couldn't take any more!

This morning my son opened the program on his computer and I was able to continue where I had stopped last night. What a difference a working machine makes. After he left for work I finished the course and the certificate I was struggling to earn was downloaded on my computer.

One would think that would be the end- right? Wrong. Now my computer is refusing to open and print it. So once again I have to wait for help to get it to move. All I have to say about that is this had better reduce my car insurance!

I do have a comment about the course in general. Although it is a good way to refresh driving knowledge I do believe it is very repetitive in what it offers. Granted older adults may sometimes take a little longer to grasp a concept, but they are not children and for the most part not stupid.

Even though this was a very trying experience I am happy that I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment