Thursday, December 4, 2014

...and that word is

I am almost finished reading a kindle book about an unusual family Christmas and the universal question of marrying for love. Although for the most part the book is enjoyable, it has a giant flaw, which is the extreme overuse of one word. That word is- admittedly. Ever time I saw it I came close to closing the book forever. As an author it grated on my nerves!

The book did cause me to think about my two previous marriages and honestly ask myself if I married for love. After I stopped laughing I realized that love had not been a part of the equation in either case. It was more like a lack of confidence on my part. When one doesn't have confidence it is easy to settle for less than is deserved- over and over again!

Perhaps the marriages took place to give credibility to the three children that they produced, eventually creating two more generations.

Anyway as Christmas approaches once again I believe the only gift I would like is to know what it feels like to be part of a relationship based on love rather than addictions. After recently acquiring confidence, that one word would make a world of difference in my life.

There is always hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment