Thursday, July 18, 2013

Are you blind?

A question I am asking myself this morning is, "Are you blind?"

Sometimes it takes awhile for the mind to catch up and accept what is right before the eyes.

Preconceived ideas and experiences often get in the way of filtering out the past and seeing what is real. Although I read Eckhart Tolle's book, A New Earth, apparently I am still having a problem with living in the present. It is a very difficult thing to accomplish for a recovering control freak whose mantra was, I want things to be the way I see them not the way they are.

Enough of the past; this morning a loyal Facebook friend posted a work of art which can be found on http://artofdavidwalker.com/section/121445.html  David Walker is an artist who uses only spray paint to create fabulous street art in London. Viewing the example of his work impressed me because of the colors and interesting shapes. I was taking in each piece, until the moment I stepped back and realized what the artist had actually painted. My reaction was WOW!


After checking out how he had created what I finally saw I was even more amazed. What a talented man!




No comments:

Post a Comment