Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Positive results

I am happy to say that my new holistic approach to pain is working. My body is responding and I am getting my life back. I was not created to be an invalid and I refuse to play the part. It doesn't pay enough.

I have a very large front yard which is 100ft wide by about 35ft deep. Due to an abundance of rain lately it was literally covered with weeds. Some were 2ft tall and some were crawly little things that at first I thought I could pass off as grass. As my grandson used to say when he was a toddler, "No way Jose!"

Not having anyone to help with my little problem gave me two choices. I could close my eyes and pretend it didn't exist or I could take a deep breath and tackle the mess with my trusty hoe and rake. The latter choice won. I couldn't stand it anymore! I have always believed that people judge what is inside your house by what your front yard looks like.

It took a few days of diligent work, but with determination and disregard to any pain my body was displaying I got the job done. I proved I was right. The pain that had almost convinced me that I might live the rest of my life as an invalid was slowly leaving. It was after all, mostly in my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment