Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fake it til you make it

Today I am turning my blog over to a very special friend who is one of the most inspirational women I have met in a long time, guest writer Jaylene Welch. This is her story.

Fake it til you make it
My name is Jaylene Welch, I am a 43 year old woman who is just finding my way in the world. I have had a pretty good life. It's far from perfect and I've been through some heartbreaking times, but overall I've managed to paint a nice life. I'm healthy, I have friends and family that love me, three children, two granddaughters, a roof over my head and a job to support me. I feel very blessed and extremely grateful that I am in such good health these days.

Last year I lost over 100 pounds. It's been the greatest gift I have ever given myself. I get emails regularly from people who have read my story or seen my video. How did you get started? How were you able to lose your weight? How do you keep going after all you have been through in your life? Often these people are facing challenges in their own lives. I don't have a magic answer for them.

The truth is that the two main reasons I am able to persevere is 1)I always try to keep a positive attitude during the worst of times in my life and 2) I never give up. Sometimes my optimism was forced, but I ended up coming out on top because I never gave up. I believed that no matter what happened things would get better and eventually they do.

My achievements revealed themselves in ways I had not expected. Things don't always happen exactly how you think they will; but if you keep a good attitude and are ambitious your dreams will come true. People who are negative and complain don't get anywhere in life. They live in a rut and are always looking to drag people into the mud with them. But I know that if you stay positive and don't give up, it's nearly impossible for you to fail to reach your goals. You have to live, eat and breath them and the more obstacles there are the more focused you must be in your pursuit. Reaching some goals will feel like a marathon while others will seem like a sprint, but if you don't keep pushing ahead you'll never reach the finish line. When things seem farthest you must have blind faith.

A crucial part of making your dreams come true is to set lofty goals, break them down into smaller ones and put them on paper. But that's not it alone. You need to give the goals life. You need to send their energy out by visualizing them regularly and by telling someone about them. By telling someone about your goal you give it life. Now there is more energy out there to help it become a reality. Not to mention telling somebody about it also helps to keep you accountable.

Make yourself a dream board or at least some pictures of your goals. Visualize them and push forward executing the steps it takes to make them a reality. Put together a list of your goals...personal, financial, health, family......make your dreams come true!

(Link for Jaylene's blog)
http://courageiscontagious-jaylenew.blogspot.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment