Sunday, August 12, 2012

People come and people go

Through our lifetime there are many people who come and go. Often they stay for a short time helping us deal with a stressful situation. They can also stay for years; until the day something is said or done to tell us it is time for them to move on.

In my life it seems these significant people with their lessons to teach have for the most part had something to do with the issue of control, which I have concluded is my life challenge. Some of the nicest people are the biggest control freaks around. They are so good at what they do that they often go undetected for months and even years.

When someone thinks they have tuned into absolute truth watch out for them. There is no such thing. Truth is based on each person's life experience. What is true for you is not necessarily true for me. I have learned to trust myself based on the experiences I have been given. That is what is true for me and when someone else tries to impose their beliefs on me I delete them from my life. If it doesn't feel right it isn't. No explanations are needed. 

I have been divorced twice, once after 13 years and once after 27 years of marriage. Both times I woke up one morning knowing it was time to end the relationship because it was interfering with my life. There was no need for further discussion. I knew in my heart it was the right thing to do for my growth. I might be financially better off if I had stuck it out, but money isn't everything.

A couple of days ago I deleted a friend from my life who has been supportive during my recent trials.  I saw that she was interfering with my ability to take care of myself. Her reaction was, "Okay Barbara, but I will continue to pray for your healing."

My reaction was, "No you won't!"

I informed her that I neither want nor need her to pray for my healing. In the first place it indicates that I am somehow flawed, which is not true. In the second place it shows how controlling she is. Does she think my voice is not strong enough to reach the ears of the Creator without her help? Well my dear deleted friend I am perfectly capable of praying for myself if that is what I choose to do; or I could accept that what is happening in my life is exactly what is supposed to happen and be grateful for the opportunities offered to evolve my soul.

Life goes on and people come and people go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4kZjR7z_s
link to video "Reason, Season or Lifetime"

No comments:

Post a Comment