Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Power of the mind

Because I was recently reminded that I am the power I have devised a unique plan of action just for me. First and most important is focusing on the thought that I have the power to accomplish anything.

I am on day 10 of the 21 day Chopra Meditation Challenge currently offered on line. This is a first for me as meditation is something I have never been able to do well.

I also begin each day with a short chakra focus and reading the day's message from The Language of Letting Go. I dabble in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) when I am in the mood.

A few days ago I was introduced to healing magnets. They are little spots meant to apply exactly where it hurts. I realized that because of previous manipulation and stress my muscles were screaming out in pain. The magnets help to calm them, giving the body time to heal itself.

Of course, drinking water and eating sensible meals always helps whether one is in pain or not.

Attitude toward pain is very important. The first response should not be STOP IT I DON'T DESERVE THIS! What you focus on gets bigger. The first response should be accept it and try to do whatever will make you feel better for a few minutes. Relax, breathe, lay down or do nothing.

Finding a way to communicate with the pain is very helpful. Pain isn't your enemy it is trying to tell you something. When you can figure out what that is you are talking the same language and healing can occur.

After adding up what I have paid professionals over the last few months I decided it was time to take a new simplified approach. If it really is true that I have the power to heal myself the results should be amazing.







1 comment:

  1. Noting that the things I am doing are producing positive results, I ordered a bio skin back support at the suggestion of my acupuncturist. It comes with 2 disk magnets a card magnet and includes compression support. I really believe it is time to back off of traditional methods and try something different, giving my body a much needed break.

    ReplyDelete