Friday, February 10, 2012

Just the facts please

This morning I woke up with a great deal of pain in my lower back. This pain has been recurrent for almost two years and I believe it originated from a freak accident, which caused me to land on the ground on my right hip. I didn't break anything thank God, but apparently I did do something.

I love my chiropractor, but this morning I had to face the fact that she is not helping with this particular problem. Even with her ultra sound treatments it still acts up and I keep returning with the same issue. I had a walking conversation with myself. It went sort of like, "Barbara you are being really stupid and it is time you took other measures to learn the cause of your pain." For once I listened to myself and headed for Cibola Sports and Physical Therapy.

After finding out that I did not need a referral and clearly making them aware of my financial situation I made an appointment for an evaluation on Monday. The owner of the facility has 35 years experience and has an excellent reputation. If nothing else, I will finally find out what I did and maybe this will help my chiropractor figure out what she needs to do next. Perhaps there is nothing she can do, but at least we will all be on the same page, moving forward instead of standing still.

I have survived enough pain, both physical and mental, in the last few months (years even) and I'm not allowing anymore. I have come to the conclusion that pain is intentionally put on our path to see just how long we will put up with it before we do something about it. I am doing the only thing I can at the moment, getting the facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment