Thursday, January 9, 2020

Social media

I'm wondering today if social media is a good thing or a bad thing. There is so much junk that comes through that it is hard to know what to believe anymore. Lately I am amazed at the number of posts that show pictures of missing children, women being abducted, fires and natural disasters all over the world. Are they all true? I know some of them are really old and are now being presented as new news.

I also know social media has caused a problem with more than one of my relationships that should have remained private.

On the good side, social media is the reason that I can travel around the world and visit with friends in other countries without leaving home. It is the reason I have an online writing group, giving members an opportunity to share their ideas with like minded members. It is also the reason I have been able to publish three E-books on Amazon free of charge.

So I guess social media isn't all bad or all good. It is somewhere in the middle. The middle is a good place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment