Monday, January 20, 2020

If it doesn't fit

I have been thinking about the picture of O.J. Simpson holding up his gloved hands and saying, "If it doesn't fit you must acquit." Admittedly, that's an odd thing to remember after so many years, but it caused me to rethink the name of my online writing group, "Write On".

The name came from a local writing group I created in 2011. The group was  called, "Write On People". and no longer exists. I used part of the name when I created my online group a little over a year ago. Lately I have been frustrated because so few of the members have been participating. I finally decided the name might be intimidating to some of the members. It was never my idea to attract professional writers. I simply wanted to give people a safe place to express themselves in writing.

This past week I noticed that more than one member who we had not heard from in sometime had taken the opportunity to express themselves. It was a refreshing change. Thinking about how I could encourage more of this I thought about changing the name of the group. After checking with other members I did change it to, "Let's Chat".

O.J. Simpson was right, "If it doesn't fit etc..."

No comments:

Post a Comment