Saturday, January 18, 2020

A change of pace

I love making soup in the winter. I just found a recipe for one that is a bit different. I tried it and it is wonderful, so I am sharing with my readers. Try it you will love it!

Get Well Wild Rice Soup

2 Tbl olive oil
8 oz. mushrooms thinly sliced (I used Portabello)
2 carrots diced
2 ribs celery diced
1 small white onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
6 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
1 bay leaf
1 cup half and half or heavy cream
1/2 tsp. thyme
Kosher salt & ground pepper to taste

In large pot or dutch oven heat olive oil. Add mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery. Cool until starting to soften (3-5 Min.) Add garlic cook about 1 min. Stir in chicken stock, rice, bay leaf and bring to a boil. Simmer over med.-low heat 25-30 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and thyme. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment