Saturday, January 4, 2020

A good idea

Awhile back I read about a community that tacked used coats to trees for the homeless. I thought that was a really good idea. Giving it more thought I wondered what I could do along the same lines. Before Christmas I used all the leftover yarn I had to crochet adult beanies. I took them to the park and put them in a plastic bag with a note for the homeless. Yesterday I noticed that they were gone. Hopefully they were picked up by those they were intended for.

So I thought perhaps that had been a good idea.

I purchased a jumbo skein of yarn in a color that would work for either male or females. I began crocheting and now I have a half dozen beanies plus a couple of scarves that I haven't used in two years. I will keep producing them until I have used all the yarn. I plan to put them in a plastic bag with a note to the homeless to help with our unusually cold weather. Because of observation I know where these people hang out to try to stay a tiny bit warm. Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment