Monday, September 23, 2019

A personal trigger

For the last few days my blood pressure has been out of wack. I was able to get an appointment with my primary care person this morning. I needed to find out if the readings were real or if my monitor was not working properly. It wasn't the monitor!

Then we began to talk about what might have caused the upset.

It was noted the same thing happened a year ago. I kind of passed on that until I got home and mulled it over in my mind.

Oh right I thought! This happens every year about this time. Why? My daughter's birthday is August 31. On August 30th, 2010 she sent me an email stating she no longer wanted to have anything to do with me. Since that time I have tried to get her to be reasonable, with no luck.

This year she turned 40 so I decided to leave a small gift at her door. She didn't acknowledge my effort. This isn't the first gift I have given her over the last nine years, with the same result.

On top of that negative energy, my grandson, her only child, turned 18 on Sept. 8. I sent him a card and a check to celebrate the date. He also elected to not acknowledge my effort. They live two doors  from my house.

Apparently nothing I do will change the situation. So I guess I can continue to cause myself harm this time every year or choose to drop it. I think it's time to move on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment