Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Life matters

I was watching the news last night about the terrible fire that is sweeping through California. Several celebrities were interviewed because they had lost their houses. My response was big deal! These people have so much money they can easily rebuild.

My next thought was, what about the ordinary people who have lost everything and have no funds to rebuild?

In comparing the two situations I clearly saw that the universe doesn't care about money, color or race. Everyone is treated the same, no matter who they are. I find that interesting in a world that has become so focused on money, status and race.

It brought back a memory from several years ago when I had a brief experience as a member of a small parish council. The priest entered the room with a question for our group. He asked, if your house was burning down, except for living things, what would you save?

There were all sorts of answers, but the priest was looking for just one- nothing.

Whoever you are, whatever you have, there is nothing more important than your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment