Saturday, November 17, 2018

Help is on the way

My new writing group, "Write On", is slowly growing. In looking for help to inspire the current 29 members to actually write on the given prompts, I invited someone to join the group that I knew would put some juice in their veins.

This miracle worker is a man by the name of, Bob Luckin. He is also an artist and a retired minister. He has given me permission to share his recent view of correct writing. It is the best explanation I have ever read. Here are his words:

"Each and every word is a work of art. Once all the words have been properly assembled, we must frame the work in a way that brings it to life. Poor spelling, punctuation and grammar is like framing a Rembrandt in a Walmart frame".

His words have caused me to more thoroughly check out what I write before my finger pushes the enter tab. I have always prided myself on good writing skills, but there is always room for improvement.

Thank you Mr. Luckin, your help is much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment