Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A positive garden

Recently a friend suggested that I think of the things I do, especially my writing, as sprinkling seeds, some take and some don't. This same person noticed that I am a little frustrated that members of my new writing group are not responding as much as I would like them to.

She suggested thinking of the group like a garden.

Alright I can do that.

Even though I planted most of the people myself, some of them are not growing. It's getting colder, perhaps they are frozen and will thaw in the spring.

My friend's suggestion was to nurture the ones that are coming up and don't worry about the ones that are not.

It made sense to me. Why would I want to nurture things that appear to be dead?

I realized this same thought can easily apply to almost anything in my life. I have a record of trying to resurrect people who have proved over and over that they just don't want to play anymore. What a waste of time that is! Turning the other cheek is one thing, but when the whole head is involved, it is just plain wrong!

So I will take my friend's suggestion and nurture what is coming up. By this coming spring I will have a beautiful garden full of energizing color. The seeds from those plants will keep growing and growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment